We reserve the right to change the text on this page at any moment. Please check back regularly to see if you are still happy with the changes. If you cannot comply with the Terms you must cease using the Site. This page was last changed March 5th, 2016.
Short “Plain English” Summary
This Summary is not a replacement for the full Terms and Conditions etc. below! By using the Site you indicate having read and agreed to the full text on this page.
- Expectations: First of all, this is a personal site. It’s not run by a company or organisation. Adjust your expectations accordingly.
- Accuracy: The Site tries to be accurate in the information we provide. But stuff like specifications may change after we post about something. Or we just messed up and got it wrong. It happens.
- Rules: Behave and don’t be an ass. Don’t post offensive or illegal crap.
- Ownership: In order to provide continuity, the Site owns all posted content except where a prior agreement states otherwise.
- Disclaimer: Reviews are personal opinions. As everyone has different expectations and prior knowledge, your experience may differ.
- Disclaimer: Obviously we are not responsible for the workings and content of any sites we link to.
- Privacy: We don’t provide any of your information to others.
- Privacy: We store the information you provide while creating and updating your user account.
- Cookies: We store small files (‘cookies’) on your computer that contain your preferences for the Site, like the language.
- Cookies: Ads displayed on the Site likely also store cookies on your computer. We have no control over these what-so-ever.
- Affiliate: The Site uses several Affiliate programs to display ads. When you buy something after clicking an ad on our site we earn a commission. This does not increase the price you pay.
- Reviews: Scores are given by the reviewers and are not artificially increased by the Site in order to entice readers to buy.
Terms and Conditions
The name ‘FaveoTechnica’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- you affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and that you are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and to abide by and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notifying you. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse shall be to cease using this Site.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on these websites for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our websites meet your specific requirements.
- These websites contain material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- The content of the pages of our websites is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right to manually edit your postings for reason of (illegal or off-topic) content, length, obscenity, or third-party links.
- You are solely responsible for the content you post.
- You will create only 1 user account on the Site and the Site’s forum, and you will only use your own account.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of The Netherlands.
FaveoTechnica is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, and then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our website to better suit your interests.
- We may periodically send promotional emails with news or special offers which we think you may find interesting.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. A limited number of people have access to your information.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- removing your account on the website will remove access (login) to the site, and any information you submitted when creating your user account.
- any articles, posts or comments published by you will remain on the site, credited to the username you entered when creating your user account.
- if you have any questions regarding your account please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information contained in the FaveoTechnica website is for general information purposes only. We endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, but we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore, strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website, you are able to link to other websites, which are not under the control of FaveoTechnica. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the websites up and running smoothly. However, FaveoTechnica takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the websites being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our websites.
Affiliate Disclosure Policy
An affiliate advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn commission by advertising and linking to the websites of certain (re)sellers. When you click on these links or banners and buy a product, a small percentage of the purchase price may come back to FaveoTechnica in the form of a commission.
Regulatory bodies in the various countries require that anyone who promotes products or services, and who may earn a commission on any sale, clearly disclose that they are an “affiliate” of the seller. Some of the sellers, for example Amazon, also demand their affiliates display such a disclosure.
FaveoTechnica agrees transparency is important in such matter, and our status as an affiliate member is visible in the footer (shown at the bottom of every page on our website) and additionally it is mentioned in the text of the article when relevant.
FaveoTechnica is currently a participant in the following affiliate program(s):
- Amazon (US)
Comments regarding Reviews
- Reviews are predominantly written by the site’s Editors. Users can also sign up, become a site Contributors, and submit reviews.
- Products or services are only recommend if we feel they are worth it.
- Review scores and recommendations are based on a reviewer’s experience. Your experience with the same product or service may be completely different, as everyone has different requirements and expectations.
- It’s not possible for a small site like FaveoTechnica to physically obtain and test every product. Therefor, reviews may be based on data compiled from other sources. If this is the case, it will be clearly mentioned in the text.
- Buying via an affiliate link does not change the price you pay — the commission comes from the profit on the item sold.